The 11th Russian-Cypriot Intergovernmental Commission held its 11th Session in Moscow on the 28th of February 2019.
The delegation of the Russian Federation was headed by the Deputy Minister of Economic Development of the Russian Federation Mr Ilya Torosov. The Delegation of the Republic of Cyprus was headed by the Minister of Finance Mr. Harris Georgiades and presented by the President of Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Ambassador of the Republic of Cyprus, representatives from Ministry of Finance, Cyprus-Russian Business Association, CySec and DG EPCD.
The sides discussed issues of bilateral economic relations and the main directions of their further development. It was noted that there were favorable opportunities for developing cooperation between countries in different economic branches and field such as:
– Cooperation in the field of Tourism
– Cooperation in the field of Finances
– Cooperation in the field of Industry
– Cooperation in the field of Public Health
– Cooperation in the field of Innovations
– Cooperation between Business Associations of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Cyprus
The sides agreed to hold the 12th Session of the Commission in the Republic of Cyprus in 2020.